Happy Birthday

Sunday, July 1, 2012


I think the oxygen test was a success!!!! I won't know for sure until her pulmonologist calls us and tells us that she passed, but she did excellent all night. The only time her oximeter went off was when she was moving around and the oximeter lost contact with her foot!

Needless to say, it was a night of no sleep, but it will be worth it when they tell us that she passed the test!!! :)

We got Danika a new 4th of July outfit today! She is ready to celebrate her first 4th of July!!!!!

We went to a little kids birthday party yesterday. I never really thought Danika was that far behind until I saw a 6 month old little girl at the party. She was born 4 days before Danika. This little girl was standing up on her dad, head up, totally attentive to what was going on around her, eating solid foods, weighing atleast 5-6 lbs more than Danika. The mother just kept telling me, don't worry, Danika will get there!

I know she will "catch up", it was just the first time I really saw the difference between my 6 month old premie and a regular 6 month old baby. Danika is behind, but not that far behind. She'll get there! :)


This is the oxygen machine that we hope to get rid of soon!!!



2 comments:

  1. No worries about development. By the time little D starts school she will then be almost caught up. Then you will want her to stay a baby because the time she becomes that independant will be heartbreaking. She has accomplished so much. It the little goal that are huge goals she has overcome and she is a fighter and has a lot of gusto! She's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right......it's hard for me to think of things long term. I just want her to be caught up already, but it's fun watching her learn new things. I'm trying to learn to live in the moment and not think about the future to much! :)

      Delete